- Position based in Montreal;
- Manufacturing, B2B, Technology oriented;
- Over 13,000 employees worldwide (425 in Montreal);
- Present in over 125 countries;
- Head Office overseas, reporting to US;
- More than 100 years of experience;
- Quoted on an international stock exchange;
- Generates annual revenues of over 2.9 billion CAD dollars.
- The Vice President of Product Development – Montreal position reports directly to the Senior Vice President Product Development, Americas, with Montreal being one of the major development sites among a network of development teams across the Americas.
- This is a senior position for an individual with strong leadership competencies and deep experience in leading teams, project management and driving efficiencies in project execution.
- This position will be responsible for the overall supervision of the multidisciplinary Montreal engineering team personnel comprised of groups performing Project Management, Engineering Services, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, Software Development and Test & Integration.
- This person will have overall administration responsibility of Montreal’s product development budget and must oversee and manage product development projects as well as oversee product engineering tasks performed by the team spread into 5 sub-departments and comprising of approximately 70 staff members overall.
- The Vice President will contribute to the development project management effort for the Department. The position is based in Montreal, QC, with infrequent travel to the US and within Canada.
- Represent the Montreal Product Development group, interfacing with other stakeholder groups such as Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Customer Service and Support. This for both product development project and business support needs.
- Assure that the team provides product support to Manufacturing and Marketing as required, typically to Montreal and other international factories and sales groups within the organization.
- Provide vision and leadership to direct reports (7) to ensure their mobilization and maintain/increase their engagement level. Proactively manage their performance and development needs to enhance skill sets and develop the future leaders of the group.
- Maintain an overall view of all projects of his group, assuring that they are proceeding on budget and on schedule. Has authority to intervene to address any deviations and implement solutions.
- Assure that resources (staff, consultants, tools and materials) are optimally assigned to the various projects and that tasks are given a very dynamic priority context.
- Provide all necessary reporting on project progress, budget status/projections and all other performance metrics of the group.
- Assure that company procedures, processes and industry best practices are used for all development and support function efforts. Contribute to their improvement.
- Maintain a positive, stimulating work environment for optimal effectiveness and good employee satisfaction.
- Contribute technically to product developments in his/her area of expertise, for example in Design Reviews, Risk Assessments, etc.
- Support Innovation initiatives as mandated within the AS-AMER organization.
- University degree in Engineering.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in leading a large development/engineering team.
- 15 years of experience in product development.
- Understanding and experience of continuous improvement processes as applied to product development.
- Proven track record of introducing new products into manufacturing.
- Experience in both hardware (equipment) and software development an asset.
- Fully bilingual (English/French), both written and oral.
- Good general technical knowledge across a variety of our relevant disciplines (mechanical, electronics, firmware & software) an important asset.
- Member of OIQ (Québec Order of Engineers).
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, reference verification and background check.
- Must have unrestricted Canadian work authorization and ability to travel in the US.
- Strong leadership competencies, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of the customer’s perspective and needs in using a product.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts into easily understandable statements.
- Ability to handle several issues simultaneously and to manage priorities effectively.
- Methodical, thorough, and rigorous.
- Goal-oriented and proactive personality.
- Proficient with engineering management tools (e.g. Windchill, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Excel, Polarion, etc.) and in use of ERP systems.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Send us your profile
If you believe you have the profile we are seeking, please forward your resumé by email. All information received will be treated in the strictest confidence.
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal (Québec) H3B 4W5
+1 514 618-5243